Friday, February 18, 2011

Met Back Bay Burger Test

After a failed attempt to eat at the new Lolita Cocina (2 hour wait - no way!), we found ourselves at the always delicious Met Back Bay.  This time, we sat in their cozy Library Bar, which has a great atmosphere that is a lot more intimate than the main dining room and the downstairs bar.

I have heard a couple of good reviews of their burger, so I thought this would be an opportunity to put theirs to the test and compare.

Met Back Bay Burger
I went for the Back Bay Dry-Aged Burger, which is a 10 ounce patty with Vermont extra sharp cheddar, double smoked bacon and port wine onions on a organic sesame bun with some duck fat fries.  In addition, the burger comes with a Parmesan wafer. 

When it arrived at the table I was really excited - the burger looked really juicy with well-melted cheese.  I was totally looking forward to my first bite, but when I bit in, it was overcooked!  I was so disappointed.  I ordered the burger medium rare and it came more medium well.  Further, I did not get much flavor from the wafer like I had anticipated.  Overall it was good, but not nearly as good as I was expecting considering the $18 dollar price tag.  The duck fat fries were tasty but the duck fat did not seem to add much flavor.  With plenty of amazing things on the menu, I'll definitely be going back, but I am not sure this would be one of my go-to options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...