Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Don't Call It A Come-Back! Lambert Bridge Winery

Sometimes in life you just need to take some time away. Case in point: my blog here. If you have been following me on Twitter or Instagram, you know that I haven't stopping traveling and eating everything in sight, but have taken some time off from writing about it. However, I think enough is enough and its time to get back in the saddle. While many of these posts may be older, especially those from some of our travels, I still want to share them! So, please stay tuned over the next couple of weeks as we play a bit of catch up here at In and Around Town!

Part my inspiration for getting this post up is because we are heading back to California's Wine Country this week, and I realized that I still had one more vineyard to tell you all about. Even more, I rely on many blogger friends, like Meghan, for recommendations and missed the interactions based on these posts.

We loved this winery so much we actually are going back on our next visit! Lambert Bridge was recommended to us by one of Nick's colleagues, and from the moment you turn into the driveway, you understand why they told us this was a must-visit. With its picturesque location and delicious wine, it is definitely worth a stop while you are in Healdsburg.

Lambert Bridge

Winery Dogs, tired from their long day - seriously, I love any place with dogs just hanging out whereever!
Barrel Room - host to our food and wine pairing tasting next weekend!
Beautiful Setting
Lambert Bridge's Truck
In its early days, Lambert Bridge produced about 25,000 cases of wine a year, but after some redirection, production dropped to a quarter of that amount and the winery focused more on the quality of each bottle. Everything done in the wine making process is done by hand, including the grape sorting! The wines are really only available through the winery itself, not in stores.

Grape Sorting Set-Up
Where the magic happens
We tasted a couple of the wines, but I have to say their Zinfandels and Cabernet Sauvignon were my favorites. The wines were mature and complex, but easy to drink. We have had many more of their wines since our initial visit and every bottle we open puts a smile on our faces. You really cannot go wrong with Lambert Bridge.

One Last Shot...
If you find yourself in Healdsburg, I highly recommend stopping by Lambert Bridge. You will not be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Happy you're back! Someday I will get out there and check out all these amazing places you and Meghan keep recommending!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...