Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Burger Dive - Burgers in Assembly Square

Being in our new house has been fantastic.  Charlestown has such a wonderful neighborhood feel - it's still Boston but with a slightly different feel.  However, trying to get a new house set up is hard work.  With all the new space, we definitely did not have enough furniture to make a dent in some of the bedrooms!  Luckily, Assembly Square is right down the street from us and has a Home Depot, Home Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, and just about any store you need to help get make a new house homier.  On one of our many "errand days" we decided to check out Burger Dive, one of the first of many new planned restaurants in the area.

Grilled Burger Bun and the Tater Tots
We walked in around noon and the place was packed.  It is a cool industrial building and in the summer there is a huge garage door that can be opened to bring the outside in.  Rather than ordering at the counter, we went ahead and ordered at the computer terminal.  This was actually super easy - that, and it helped with the fact that I had no idea what to order!  I finally settled on a make-your-own burger and some tater tots.



11 Sauce Toppings!!
There are lots of different toppings to choose from and I kind of did not know where to stop, so I ended up with a burger covered in ketchup, mustard, lettuce, guacamole and caramelized onions.  While it was rather messy (see the number of toppings), it was tasty.  

Burger!
We were in and out in 20 mins, but in that time, there was a floor manager who made sure we were having a good meal and checked to see if we needed anything.  So, while this is a "fast food" place none of the quality in service is lost.

While we didn't indulge on the day we went, Burger Dive has a great menu of milkshakes made with Richardson's ice cream, which is one of my favorites!

If you find yourself in Assembly Square, I would highly recommend stopping by!

Burger Dive on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. You had me at 11 sauce toppings. . . I always see a sign for this on the way to visit family in Malden. I will be stopping next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Are you in the Maldives? I've been searching for a while for any info on culinary schools in the Maldives but I can't seem to find much through internet searches. Could you please help? Do you have any idea of any culinary schools or chef training center, or any resources you could point me to? I do hope you reply, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish this place was up and running when I was making all those new home trips to assembly square!! I'll have to remember to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...