Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Club Med Columbus Isle - Vacation in the Bahamas

Just before Thanksgiving, Nick, my mom, my brother and I took a week off and headed for warmer weather - San Salvador Island to be exact, which is part of the Bahamas.  After Nick got certified to dive, he had been wanting to go somewhere to get back into the water.  So, when Club Med sent us deals, Columbus Isle seemed like the perfect destination to dive and relax!  Our trip was right after Sandy, so the waters were really rough (and a bit chilly) and the weather was a bit rainy, but that did not stop us from having a fantastic time!

View of the water and beach bar from our deck
Off to Dinner
Plenty of free booze to satisfy!
Some Definite Rain
Wahoo fish caught during the deep sea fishing excursion - one of the freshest and best things we ate!
There are always delicious specials at the buffet each evening
Beautiful Waters
Diving Dock
Enjoying Dinner!
When staying at all-inclusive resorts, the food is always a concern (is it going to be good?)  With Club Med there is always plenty of delicious food.  My favorite part of the spread is always bread and dessert.  The white chocolate bread is worth the trip alone!  I mean, I literally had a piece at every meal - I could not help myself!

White Chocolate Bread

Dessert!
Amazing Dessert Spread
Although the weather was not great, it made for some amazing rainbows!

Rainbows!  One of many...
Bad weather rolling through the distance
Sunset from our deck!
More Sunset
I can never get enough...
Nick, my brother and I went diving three different mornings and even though the water was cold, we were OK diving.  Even better, is doesn't matter if its raining under the water!  In fact, the rain drops sounded so cool under there.

We definitely had a wonderful trip, but we quickly had to come back to reality (if we ever left it) because we were moving later that week!  Club Med offers great get-aways, many of which are a quick trip from Boston and always have the most beautiful beaches.  If you are a diver, Club Med makes it super simple to get in as many dives as you want.  If you have ever thought about diving, they have a great staff of instructors too!

What is you favorite sunny vacation activity?

7 comments:

  1. Oh those sunsets looks amazing - and what a great point about the rain under water! We are looking into a possible pre-baby vaca and considered the Bahamas. I only wish it would be warmer in late Jan, which is the only window we have to go somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos!! I love the contrast between the downpour and the bright blue skies and the rainbow and the sunset. And you guys look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like absolute paradise! And if I'm on vacation in a warm, sunny place like this, I love being in or on the water - or, just lounging next to the water with a cold drink by my side. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh paradise! We are looking for a warm winter getaway, definitely something to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that picture with the bad weather rolling is kind of scary, but beautiful! Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach pictures are stunning! Wish I were there right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like absolute paradise! And if I'm on vacation in a warm, sunny place like this, I love being in or on the water - or, just lounging next to the water with a cold drink by my side. ;)
    vacationing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...