Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fluffiest Pancakes Ever

When I was doing my daily blog reading, I stumbled upon A Boston Food Diary's post for what looked to be the best pancake recipe ever.  One quick read and I knew I had to make them!  So, on a recent Sunday that Nick and I had to ourselves I knew pancakes would be perfect to accompany our morning coffee.

Fluffiest Pancakes!
The main difference between these pancakes and the more traditional recipes is that it calls for cake flour.  Since I had some on hand, I set to work.

The Necessities...(courtesy of Fiona)

  • 3 cups Plus 2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • 3 teaspoons Vanilla
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
Cake Flour
The directions are pretty simple: I combined all the dry ingredients and then added the milk, eggs and vanilla, stirring it all together.

Adding the eggs
It was amazing to see this batter - it just would rise and had a lot of air in it.

Milk Added
Look at those air bubbles!  I mean, it it kept expanding in the bowl.  Seeing this I figured we would be in for a treat.

Raising Dough

After I was done being completely fascinated by the pancake batter, I put some heaping spoonfuls on a buttered non-stick pan and allowed each side to cook away.


Pancakes!
One thing I learned was that you really want these cooking over a lower heat - I had the heat up a bit too high, but these pancakes are so thick and fluffy they needed a bit of extra time to cook through.  Once I got that squared away, I was off to the races!
Almost ready
Once the pancakes were cooked, I plated them, grabbed the coffee and enjoyed a perfect Sunday morning.  These pancakes were so fluffy and delicious, I have never seen any like them before!  Obviously because of the cake flour they had a little flavor like yellow cake mix.  They were like little fluffy clouds of goodness.  I honestly do not know if I could go back to regular pancakes.  These really are amazing!

Breakfast is Served!
If you have a morning where you have some time to enjoy some delicious pancakes, I would highly recommend making these.  Beware, they might ruin all other pancakes though :)

5 comments:

  1. these do look super fluffy! and so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just might have to treat myself to pancakes this weekend! these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pancakes have not been coming out fluffy lately. I need to remember this recipe next time I make them. They look super fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! SO glad these came out as well for you as they did for me- they are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...