Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Hope you all have fun plans for the long weekend!  I will be staying in Boston and enjoying the fact that I have no where to be.  Lucky for Nick and I, our roof deck has a fantastic view of the fireworks, and if the wind blows just right, you can hear the music from the Hatch Shell :)

Finale 2009
Originally, Lionel Richie was supposed to be the main event, however, due to strained vocal chords he is unable to perform, so Martina McBride (for all those country lovers) will be singing this year.  For anyone looking for more info, the schedule and the line up can be found here (where I found the above picture - fireworks are VERY hard to photograph!)

The number of friends (stragglers left in the city) ranges each year, and this year we are expecting only a few as most seem to have travel plans.  That certainly is not going to stop me from trying to put together a fun spread!

(lighting provided by a light sabre)

This weekend I am going to be looking for food inspiration - let me know if you have any suggestions.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun Fourth of July weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a happy 4th! We can usually catch the fireworks from the top of our parking garage. It's nice to be able to see them and skip the crowds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...