Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Seven's - Beacon Hill

On Friday night Nick and I wanted to go out and watch the Bruins game, but were not interested in getting into the mess near the Garden.  Instead, we went to the Seven's Ale House, a very local Beacon Hill watering hole located right on Charles Street.  While I have been there to enjoy more than a few drinks from their fairly extensive beer menu (no hard stuff here) and played (or attempted to play) darts at the back of the long and narrow space, I have never actually eaten there.

I have attempted to watch games at the Sevens before, but it can be difficult to get a good space because the bar fills up quickly and the space does not lend itself to standing when its crowded.  Since the game started at 8:00 and it was one the first super nice days out, Nick and I headed over around 7:30 and had our pick of most of the tables in the bar.  We really were ready to settle in for the long haul and have a few drinks and a bite to eat. 

The menu offers a variety of sandwiches and wraps all at a great price point - nothing on the menu is over $10.  Considering this is Charles Street in Beacon Hill, that is pretty amazing!  Nick ordered the breaded chicken sandwich with a homemade honey mustard and Havarti on toasted wheat bread with a side of potato salad.
Seven's Chicken Sandwich

The Havarti and the honey mustard offered a lot of flavor and really kicked up the taste of what could have been a chicken and cheese sandwich.  The potato salad was good - really creamy with a bit of a sweet flavor. Nick liked it, but not being a mayo person, it was not for me.
I went fairly straight forward and got the hot pastrami sandwich with Cheddar cheese on sourdough bread with a side of chips.

Pastrami Sandwich
I love pastrami sandwiches and I love it even more when you can order just the pastrami and cheese. Rarely do you see them on menus - most of the time its a Ruben.  There was plenty of tasty meat on the sandwich and it hit the spot perfectly.  Both sandwiches made for a nice Friday night gearing up for the game.

There were plenty of people arriving over the next hour to watch the Bruins clinch the series!  The crowd was a combination of Beacon Hill locals and Beacon Hill prepsters - plenty of good people watching opportunities, that is for sure.  I may have to make a few more trips just in case it was our being at Seven's that allowed the Bruins to get the big W!

Sevens Ale House on Urbanspoon


  1. I've never even heard of this place, but i guess that would be b/c I'm not a Beacon Hill local. either way, looks good and GO BRUINS!

  2. I LOVE the Sevens! It's one of my "go to" bars- especially for game watching- though you're right-it is tough to position yourself there sometimes.

    I agree -it is one of the best spots for people watching!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...